The Employee Support Services Program (ESSP) representatives educate and provide access to professional confidential help and support resources for managing work and life issues. ESSP reps may refer Ford employees and their covered dependents to Central Diagnostic Referral (CDR) agencies. These agencies offer free counseling.
Referrals may be made for the following services:
- Assistance in finding care for aging relatives.
- Planning for life events such as marriage, the birth/adoption of a child or retirement.
- Improving communication skills.
- Dealing with interpersonal conflicts at work or at home.
- Handling life stressors.
- Marriage and relationship counseling.
- Planning a strong financial future.
- Improving health such as weight loss, stress management or quitting smoking.
- Providing resources and counseling to deal with substance use and gambling disorders.
See your plant ESSP Representative for more information, or go to www.uawford.org/essp.